09 February 2010

Sonnet on optimism and love.

Hope is not a thing that reason feeds
There is no logic in the optimist
The slightest push is all the dreamer needs
And all at once they're happy in sweet bliss
Some might suggest my head is in the clouds
And some would try to talk me into sense
But life's a song best sung aloud and proud
And who knows what's outside the backyard fence?
Yes, even when the hope is rather small
I will not stop to gather second thoughts
Surrendering myself to the free fall
For isn't this the price at which love's bought?
But if my heart must break, I know it's true
I'd only trust the solemn deed to you.

2 comments:

Megan Williams said...

i love sonnets. :)

beautiful.

Megan Williams said...

:)
i imagine so!
:D
why is it that i'm ALWAYS on here?
its because i'm addicted...
gah.
and its so great. :D